The following information will help you if you are employing people.
Information about employing people is available from Business Link, including information about the Disability Discrimination Act.
The following organisations provide assistance to businesses and individuals disadvantaged in the labour market due to disability, ill health or other economic and social reasons:
- Working Links - organisation dedicated to getting the long-term unemployed back to work, and helping them stay there, by matching people looking for work with businesses with recruitment needs.
- Shaw Trust - a national charity that provides training and work opportunities for people who are disadvantaged in the labour market due to disability, ill health or other social circumstances.
- SCOPE - the disability organisation in England and Wales whose focus is people with cerebral palsy.
- Jobcentreplus - a free service, specifically designed to help employers' recruitment processes run smoothly, whatever the scale - including specialist help and advice on training, rates of pay, equal opportunities and employing people with disabilities or from overseas.
- South Derbyshire CVS Volunteer Centre - recruits and places anyone interested in volunteering and supports organisations that work with volunteers.
- Remploy - is the market-leading expert in the provision of specialist employment services for disabled people and those who face complex barriers to employment. Its comprehensive range of services enable disabled people, people with a health condition and others to make the most of their skills and abilities, to gain or retain sustainable employment.
- Apex Trust - seeks to help people with criminal records to obtain appropriate jobs or self-employment by providing them with the skills they need in the labour market and by working with employers to break down the barriers to their employment.
Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber aims to keep a high level of skills in the East Midlands area, and to provide local companies with a very competitive graduate recruitment service. It will advertise your vacancy through various different sources, and select from its generous database the right candidates that meet your business requirements and fit into the culture of your organisation.
South Derbyshire District Council
Economic Development Service
Tel: 01283 595755
Fax: 01283 595760
Online: contact form
Page ref: LGCL 62