Friday 14, Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2016 from 10am to 6pm.
Following the success of the event in 2015, the Swadlincote International Food and Drink Festival will return in autumn 2016.
Free entry, free parking and free entertainment.
- International range of takeaway food and drink, fresh food and craft products.
- Come and try food and drink specialities and flavours from many different countries or buy to take home.
- Foods such as paella, churros, crępes, cheese, olives and chocolate.
- Crafts including jewellery, clothing, artwork and gifts from around the world.
- Continental bar and live entertainment.
- Entertainment includes:
- TV chef James Strawbridge best known for ITV show ‘The Hungry Sailors’ (Friday 14 October 2016).
- Sainsbury’s Waste Less, Save More cooking demonstrations (all three days).
- South Derbyshire Community Drummers performing live (Saturday 15 October 2016).
- Swadlincote Orchard Day - sample a huge selection of fruit from The National Fruit Collection plus information, recipes and activities with the Environmental Education Project (Friday 14 and Saturday 15 October 2016).
- 'Wild Chef' Ralph Skripek, game cookery expert, author and director at Butlers Pantry Derby (Sunday 16 October 2016).
- 1950s Rock n Roll singer Paul Ace (Friday 14 October 2016).
- Singer, songwriter and musician Annabelle Bartram (Saturday 15 October 2016).
- Laura Jane Vintage, vintage and wartime vocalist covering the beautiful songs from 1930s to 1960s (Sunday 16 October 2016).
- Singer April Davies performing (Saturday 15 October 2016).
- Vintage Market with Curly Magpie and Friends (all three days).
- Find out about the Swadlincote Townscape Heritage Scheme (Friday 14 October 2016).
- Live performances from bands and musicians of the Wayfarers All music project (Sunday 16 October 2016).
- Chef John Harvey demonstrating a number of dishes with a ‘field to fork’ theme (Saturday 15 October 2016).
- Meet Swadlincote’s new town crier (all three days).
Full details of the entertainment programme, with times, is attached to this page.
The festival is supported by Mainline Group
The Delph Market Square
The Delph Market Square is a minute’s walk from Swadlincote Bus Station and extensive free car parking throughout the town centre.
Directions to Swadlincote town centre and car park locations
Swadlincote Food and Drink Festival on Facebook
Contact Swadlincote Tourist Information Centre, tel: 01283 222848.
Further information about accommodation in the area is available at Visit National Forest and Beyond
Contact Geraud Markets (UK) Ltd, tel: 07879 276243.
Also on our website
Swadlincote Farmers' and Producers' Market