Business | Community & living | Your Council | Environment | Housing | Jobs | Leisure & culture | Planning

Appeals - housing benefit

The Council Tax (Decision and Appeals) Regulations 2001 say that if you are affected by a 'relevant decision', you can ask us to revise our decision, and that you can appeal against the decision to an independent appeal tribunal.

A relevant decision is any matter concerning a claim for benefit. For example, the amount of benefit payable, the rent eligible for benefit, the calculation of a claimant's income or the calculation and recovery of an overpayment. Some decisions, mainly administrative decisions, do not carry a right of appeal. You will be notified if the matter you are disputing does not carry the right of appeal.

A request for a revision means that we will look again at our decision regarding a claim for benefit and we will make sure that it has been done correctly.

An appeal means that The Tribunal Service will consider our decision.

Contact details

South Derbyshire District Council
Customer Services
Civic Offices
Civic Way
DE11 0AH

Tel: 01283 595795
Fax: 01283 595857
Online: Use this form to make a general enquiry or provide information

Page ref: LGSL 65, 72

Related documents

The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)