There's a lot of information on your council tax bill. The graphics on this page will help you to understand each section.
The top section of your bill shows the main details of your Council Tax account, as explained:
1. The tax year the bill covers.
2. The date the bill was issued. If you have received other bills, always use the one with the most recent issue date.
3. Your personal account reference number. You will need to quote this when paying either over the phone, at the payment machines at the Civic Offices, or at a post office or pay point. You can also use the barcode at the bottom of your bill. The reference number will also be needed if you contact us with an enquiry.
4. The name of any persons liable to pay the charge on the bill.
5. The address that the bill has been issued to (this may be the address of the property the bill relates to or a contact address).
6. The address of the property the bill relates to if different from the contact address.
The middle section shows how your Council Tax is split between South Derbyshire District Council, Derbyshire County Council, Derbyshire Police Authority and Derbyshire Fire Authority, as well as detailing the additional 2% increase for the County Council to help fund adult care services.
If you live in a parish area that raises money through Council Tax the parish precept will also be included in the charge.
If you have any queries about how each of these bodies calculates their precept, please contact them directly.
7. The annual Council Tax charge for the period.
8. The overall percentage increase on 2015-16.
9. Details of any discounts that apply. These will show as applying until 31.03.2017, even if that is not the case. You will receive a further adjustment notice if your discount ends before that date.
10.The net amount of Council Tax payable.
If you know your circumstances are about to change and you havenít received an adjustment notice within one month of that change, you must contact us so that we can amend the account.
This section gives details of the due dates for the instalments on your Council Tax bill, as well as the balance for any other financial years.
Your overall account balance is the total amount owing for all financial years, including the current one.
You can also pay online or by calling our 24-hour automated pay line on tel: 01283 595865.
If you would like to receive your Council Tax bill by email, please contact us and ensure you quote your account reference number.