Business | Community & living | Your Council | Environment | Housing | Jobs | Leisure & culture | Planning


Your councillor is the person elected every four years by the majority of local people to represent your area. South Derbyshire District Council is made up of 36 locally elected councillors who make decisions on how to provide local services on behalf of local people.

What do councillors do?

They can:
  • help you if you are dissatisfied with a council service by advising or directing you to someone who can help sort out your problem and can sometimes progress the case on your behalf
  • on some occasions make home visits or solve issues over the phone
  • as a community leader put forward proposals to improve the ward they represent
  • help make decisions about council services

How do I contact my councillor?

For contact details, choose your councillor's name from the list on the left. To find your councillor, you can find your councillor using your postcode, search by ward or view a list of all councillors by name.

Alternatively, to check the availability of your councillor, view the councillors' surgery times

Contact details

South Derbyshire District Council
Civic Office
Civic Way
DE11 0AH

Tel: 01283 595722
Online: contact form

Page ref: LGSL 358